Hi. My name is Matt Stevenson. A few bits about me:
- I’m American, living in London for several years now. This means my spelling/colloquialisms will likely oscillate between British and American. I apologize in advance.
- I’ve had the chance to be humbled many times in my life, in many different arenas. Academics, finance, public speaking, do-gooding, programming…you name it. Maybe it’s boring, but I’m not very dogmatic; I have learned that most of my hardest-held beliefs turn out completely wrong.
- My career has been all finance-related, with a mix of client-facing roles and research-based roles. One of my favourite things to do is to teach others about finance; thankfully there are several folks out there who paid me to do this in the past.
- For most of my life, I’ve spent spare time learning about economics, money, finance, trading, etc. This led to completing CFA studies a few years ago. My beach reading tends to be books like Come Into My Trading Room or Debt: the First 5,000 Years.
- The missus and I share a love of travel, friends and family. And stuffed animals – I’m partial to penguins.
- I work for the family now – managing our portfolio and trading. It’s not a big portfolio, but hopefully one day it will be!
This blog is intended as a space for my random musings and findings around the world of personal finance. This will likely extend into economics, and perhaps some quant finance. Let’s see how it goes.